- 5 lbs. Srodek’s Raw Barreled Sauerkraut, rinsed and strained
- 1 Ring Srodek’s Fresh Kielbasa boiled and cut into medallions.
- 1 Ring Srodek’s Smoked Fine Ground Pork Kielbasa, cut into medallions
- 1 lb. Srodek’s Smoked Bacon, cubed
- 1 Medium Onion, cubed
- 10 Allspice Peppercorns
- 5 Bay Leaves
- 2 Tbsp. Vegeta All-Purpose Seasoning
- 2 Knorr Mushroom Bouillon Cubes
Bring the fresh kielbasa to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes and turn off, let the kielbasa sit for another 5 minutes. Remove from the water and let cool before slicing into medallions. Set aside 5 cups of kielbasa broth.
In a large pot, sauté the onions and the smoked bacon. Then, add 5 cups of kiełbasa broth. Add the sauerkraut, stir well. Now, add allspice, bay leaves, Vegeta, and mushroom bouillon cubes, mix well, cover, and simmer for 1 hour. Check often and stir frequently.
Add both fresh and smoked kielbasa medallions into sauerkraut, mix well. Continue to simmer for an additional hour or until the sauerkraut is nice and tender.
*If at any time the sauerkraut is becoming dry, add a cup of kielbasa broth. This prevents the kraut from burning.
Makes approximately 40 4-ounce servings.